Reframing the Interface - Sorting Photographs

After discussing the next step of my work with a tutor, it was suggested that I sorted out my photographs from the trip into different sections and work from there, the main sections each would have six photographs in.

The sections are:
Acherondel Tower
Corbiere Lighthouse
Elizabeth Castle/Mount Orgueil
Other (the photos going into the album)



After this I printed out all 303 other photographs as small as I could, this was so that I could sort out the photographs into sections and then continue to edit them down further and further until I was left with six photos per album page. 










When this was finally done I took the size of an album page, and from looking at old 1960s photo albums and the way their photos were done, I decided on a basic placement for the photos on the page along with printing all the photographs out in black and white. 

Once I decided which photos would be long, and which would be square (mainly the portrait photographs), I then edited the page into two A4 sheets and went through saving the photographs in this format and then began printing them out.



To trial that these were the correct size, I first printed off the photographs onto plain paper with the black outline and cut them out to see how they would fit onto paper. Once pleased with this I did a trial of printing them onto photographic paper, my first attempt didn't go too well as the black and white photos came out kind of blue. So I changed the settings of printing a little bit, and after that was done they all came out perfectly well, of course at this point I had gotten rid of the black outline as this was a basis for where the white outside of the photograph would be. 

Unfortunately my printer ran out of ink with five pages left to print, so I took the ones I had into University and cut them up using a guillotine. The only issue I had here was that most of the white outlines are probably not the same size, however I don't think this is too bad and I'm actually liking how the photographs look in this style. 



Unknown

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment