Treatment

After taking a giant leap of exploration into the meaning of time I decided to go with something basic, the future, but I'm going to hopefully give it a bit of a twist of some sort. By focusing on the theories of what the future will be like that are expressed in the media and by people, I'm going to create three screens showing the progress of the world if it were to go through an apocalypse and how I assume it will end. All of the screens will also be in the style of security cameras showing how even though the world has ended big brother will continue to watch. 
  • The first screen (left) will show the world as it is now, with just average footage of the roads and streets full of people and life. Everything completely normal and how you would expect it. 
  • The second screen (middle) will show footage of the streets before but with less people or no people at all, to show the decay of life over time. Also I will add in some vines and plants into the footage, this is so the transition into the final screen can be understood by the viewer
  • The third screen (right) will show different pieces of footage of an empty apocalyptic world, mainly of an abandoned woods, buildings and of an abandoned car. I will also edit in some sections of the other pieces of footage so that it really shows it's the same place as before. 
Taking inspiration from apocalypse movies, and any other way it's portrayed in the media, I want to make it as convincing as possible so that you really see the progress over the years. For the security camera part of the screens I got inspiration from my friend Sam's work at A Level, he managed to create a spectacular short film based on security cameras.

Storyboard

As I cannot draw to save my life I have recreated what I would like it to look like using photographs that I have taken, and that I found on the internet. 


Workflow

Screen 1 - This is going to just be basic footage, not changed at all. The only added extra on here will be the security camera time code in the corner, and change of colour saturation with added noise to make it seem realistic. 

Screen 2 - This will be different footage and over the top in sections I will add in some plants and trees on the buildings and roads, to do this I use the following tutorial:
http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorial/the_jungle/
Also I will do the same as too screen 1 with the colour saturation, time code and added noise. 

Screen 3 - This will be footage of the forrest and such but with pieces of buildings from the other footage added in to make it realistic. I will do this by following a few tutorials:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBBv7WcGDq0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmzKSK_WNb8
Plus once again the added time code, noise and colour saturation on top to give it a security camera feel. 

Equipment

I will be using my Nikon D3200 to film the footage, plus my little portable tripod to keep the camera still on. 

Shooting Dates

Screen 3 - Wednesday 19th February, Frensham Great Pond, Newlands Corner
Screen 1 & 2 - Friday 21st February, Guildford (various places)

Unknown

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

1 comment:

  1. This is a nice idea and following are meeting today i'm keen to see the development of you CCTV look and how you are going to create an apocalyptic feel.

    This is an interesting Lynda tutorial, its quite advanced but has some great techniques you might be able to apply to your footage.

    http://www.lynda.com/sdk/After-Effects-tutorials/VFX-Techniques-Creating-Explosions-3D-Layers/120906-2.html

    ReplyDelete