Sound Design - Evaluation

The following two tracks are my final sound design pieces, they include one with narration and one without:



I feel I've made a mediocre sound piece, it definitely describes the majority of the scene but is missing the little sounds that would really bring it to life. Due to my lack of sound clips related to my second choice extract it was definitely a difficult task to pull off, although I did try my best to adapt the sounds I had and although some work others didn't. There are some extras I would have added if I had more time, and was more prepared from the get go. For example; I would have added in footsteps to show the person walking around, also I would add in other little sounds to show movement and discovery of the room. I would also adapt the clocks a little, doing this by adding in sounds of clogs and other things to make the clocks seem older and worn.
From what I had I'm quite proud that I managed to get both a convincing clock ticking noise, and what seems like a flickering fire. Both of these were done by using objects around my room, for example the clock was a small extract from the use of a sewing machine. You can hear all these sounds on a separate blog post to see what I was working from, and quite possibly be able to hear how I got the sounds. Throughout the project I used techniques that we were taught; they were all very useful and adapted the sounds in the perfect way. The techniques I used were; reverb, delay, AUX tracks and buses, master fader, pitch shift, and EQs.
I'm definitely going to look into sound more after these four weeks, it's something I've always been quite interested in and this project has got my mind around all the issues I had before. And due to the extract not sound complete to me I may go back to it in the future and adapt it further, and even possibly do a few more to get used to the process.

A screenshot from the editing process.















Unknown

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment